Saturday, April 30, 2011

Our day today.

Good Morning!!
It is a gorgeous day here in the western Carolina mts. this morning!! We are experiencing what the locals call our *blackberry winter.* The wild blackberries are in full bloom so the temps go down + the air is dry + the sun is in abundance. When I woke up this a.m. it was in the low 40s, sun shining and just a gorgeous day!!

Last night my friends Jessica + Marci {and me!!} went to see Chonda Pierce. She is fantastic!!! Funny + yet on fire for the Lord!! She has a wonderful message amongst her comedy. We laughed so hard!

www.chonda.org

Go have a look at her website!

And here's here youtube channel. Great stuff!!www.youtube.com/chondapierce



Not the best picture, but it was 11:00 and we (incuding the lady that took the picture) were all tired!! Jessica's the tall one. Marci's the short one. I'm the one with Chonda Pierce on my chest + Chonda is the blonde one.  ;)  She is such a great speaker. (and singer!!) It's worth hearing her testimony.





Kevin and I went to the memorial for a very good, close friend this morning. It saddens me to say that Al Dilthey passed away on April 21st.
   
   

He had been a cancer survivor for a short time. Had stage 4 melanoma 4 years ago. A few months ago he was having some weakness in his right arm so they did an MRI and found tumors in his brain. They started the cancer regimine but after a few short weeks the tumors were way too aggressive. I'm having a very hard time thinking of him *gone.* He was so vibrant it's hard picturing him no longer here on earth. This picture of him and his loving wife, Suzanne was taken at Hannah + Jonathan's wedding only 7 short months ago. I know that I'm not to *second-guess* God by any means. And that He NEVER  makes mistakes...but it's thought provoking on why certain things happen.

We spent Easter weekend with Hannah + Jonathan up in Linville Falls. It was a gorgeous weekend. Weather-wise and spending time with family on such a Glorious occasion. Easter Sunday morning we went to church at a local church. Very nice. 

Here are some pictures of our weekend together. {I'm ashamed to say that I didn't take nearly as many as I usually do when we're up there.}




On Friday night Kevin, Hannah and Jonathan went to see a movie {maybe?? something?? can't remember!!} and I stayed at the lodge. I ate at Spear's. This was my meal:


Kevin doesn't normally *let* me eat alone at restaurants but since there's *family* here + I am able to come + go from the kitchen, he was *okay* with it!!  ;)

Hannah + Jonathan were having *words* on our way home from church so Kevin was cringing. He can be quite amusing at times!!


On Saturday evening Jonathan + I went out together while Kevin + Hannah went for a ride on Wendy's {she's the manager at the lodge} Harley. This is a house that we passed on our travels. Loved it!! Looked very *new-england-y!!*



And one of the MANY Christmas tree farms in that area..





That's the *goings-on* around here for now. I *plan* on keeping up better with this blog.
 

2 comments:

  1. Is it my imagination... or is Marci really really short ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't realized it either....but when I'm *almost* a head taller than her....SHE IS SUPER SHORT!! ;)

    ReplyDelete